Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Singapore's Hidden Gem: Taylor B Furniture + Home Decor

For a country as brand conscious and business oriented as Singapore, I was deeply surprised at the lack of home decor and furniture stores! Aside from IKEA, it is pretty slim pickings here - that's why I am so excited to have stumbled upon Taylor B. Design! A godsend! Housed in a warehouse {previously used for industrial grocery storage}, it has a fantastic selection of furniture, art, and accessories at really reasonable prices. Sourcing directly from China, Thailand, and other S.E. Asian countries, Taylor B. sells to other shops but if you contact them, they also sell to public by appointment. The hidden location and long ride up in a dusty freight elevator are well worth the wonderful finds here {plus, it feels like an exciting scavenger hunt!} I especially love their mix of Eastern and Western styles and the vintage and antique feel of many of their pieces. 

{Exciting Update: Taylor B Design has now expanded to include three full floors! Come visit at 43 Keppel Road, floors 1, 2 & 4}










What a surprise to find such beautiful things inside a warehouse! I totally fell in love with the over scaled driftwood buddha but seeing as how he was almost as tall as me, I opted for a much smaller antiqued version in terracotta - happy to say he is settling in at home quite nicely! 


Taylor B. Fine Design
43 Keppel Road, Floors 1, 2 & 4 
+65 6225-7090
Open Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm
Sunday 1pm - 6pm

8 comments:

Calibration said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank uWeb Design in Singapore

Web Design Singapore said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?


Web Design Singapore

Furniture shops singapore said...

Thanks for the great list, I’m always looking for more inspiration for my journey to being much better at interior design, thank you!

Upholstery said...

You can take great credit for publishing about this.Theres a heap of important info on the internet.Youve got a lot of that info here on your site.Im impressed I try to keep a couple blogs fairly up-to-date,but it can be difficult every now and then.You have done a fantastic job with this one.How do you do it?

calibration singapore said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



Calibration Singapore

Diva said...

Thanks for sharing! I am an Home Interior and Renovation blogger and love this post! :)

bs bizwerkz said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


Website Design Singapore

Toko Furniture Online said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...