Rothko Meets Summer Brights!

Saturday, September 3, 2011


I have long been in love with the work of Abstract Expressionist painter Mark Rothko. But as summer draws to a close, I was especially taken by this vibrant and tropical hued piece in rich oranges and pinks. And it's amazing what that small dark line and creamy strip do to highlight those bright tones! Here are my tips and inspirations for how to make Rothko's version of bright summer energy last forever in your interior. . . .

{via}




Ikat pillow and tangerine and raspberry flat weave rug by Madeline Weinrib.

{via}

I love this dye dipped pillow by Marimekko, available via.

{via}

{via Lonny}


For me, it's enough hot color to warm up any long winter! Also, for a more in depth bio on Rothko and his stunning works please do read here

sb signature

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Adore the beautiful artwork. The colors are very striking! Love the ikat pillow and pretty rug as well. Gorgeous images as usual!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Glamour Drops said...

One of my favourite colour combinations. I often use hot pink and orange for Christmas decorations and present wrappings, because the colours look so fabulous in the middle of summer, which of course is when Christmas occurs in Australia. But I absolutely agree, these happy colours warm up a cold winter's day just as happily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan