Designer Tips: 9 Tips to Create a Luxe Bath

Thursday, May 3, 2012



Bathrooms can often overwhelming and costly to decorate, but there are lots of easy tricks to create a warm, luxe, lounge-worthy bath! Even if you can't remodel to get your dream space, how about trying any of these ways of infusing a little style and softness in your bath? I live in a rental but even adding a small bud vase of cut orchids, a yummy rosemary scented candle, and a few pretty rattan baskets made a huge difference {now, if only my landlord would just remove all those awful golden colored stone tiles!}

{1} Pick a calming wall color or color palette. Our mood is so easily affected by color! Pick a soothing hue or just one that makes you happy {ohhh.... I am thinking lavender}



{2} De-clutter + organize! There are tons of great decorative baskets, trays, and boxes out there and hiding away some of the daily bathroom clutter can give the whole space a more peaceful feel. This can be a free but very effective way to start.




{3} Add dimmer or decorative light fixtures for soft lighting - harsh, overhead lighting can spoil the mood in even a spa! Sometimes just switching out your bulbs can create more inviting lighting.



{4} Infuse your bath with a beautiful scent – candles or diffusers help the whole space feel instantly more relaxing and lush.

{5} Buy some plush, oversized towels - getting out of the shower or bath to a thick, cozy towel makes me feel like I am at a fancy hotel!




{6} Add upholstered furniture pieces - a soft stool to sit on makes a huge difference, try indoor-outdoor fabrics to help with wear and tear. 




{7} Add art - why not? Art in the bath creates visual interested and brings in color.




{8} Incorporate at least one antique or vintage piece – it helps take the hard edge off a cold looking bathroom and lends some patina! {art will help this too}



{9} Bring in nature - plants and flowers are a super simple and really lovely touch! 


Hope one or two of these ideas help you add a little luxe to your bath! 
xoxo 

{via, more bath inspirations here too!}

sb signature

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Great tips! I agree that small changes make a big difference.

Glamour Drops said...

Some lovey ideas. What's wrong with your golden stone tiles? They sound beautiful described that way, so I am curious!

Ambs said...

Wow I love your blog - I'm so glad I discovered it! You offer such great design tips, I can't wait to read more. I love this post especially - totally inspired by that look in photo #3 with the metal cabinet! :)

~amberly
ambsgoodlife.blogspot.com

bathroom designs said...

Wow great tips on bathroom decoration, I love all the pictures! :) When we decided to renovate our bathroom my boyfriend said it was not necessary to put too much effort on its decoration, but I think bathroom has to be a place for relax and comfort, and it has to be well decorated! Don't you think so? :) We finally bought some products from Roca: faucets, sinks, toilet and shower, and I had some DYI ideas to decorate the room. Fantastic result! I am very proud of it!
Lim

Velvetsofa said...

Very innovative ideas for sofa makeover, but my sofa seats are not removable... please share some budget friendly ideas for my sofa.
velvet sofa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan