Current Obsession: Moroccan Tile

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


On my recent Pintrest and blog travels I have been spotting loads of amazing patterned Moroccan style tile - and it's a look I just can't get enough of! Busy, heavily patterned tiles are certainly a design commitment but when done right they can really make an entire interior feel worldly, chic and warm. Here are my three top tips for using Moroccan tiles:

{1} Chose a small, well defined area to tile - kitchens and entries work beautifully.

{2} Select tile with a mat finish - I love those made of cement, they have a lovely dusty quality which helps tone down the look - just avoid anything shiny! 

{3} Create a balance by using with these bold tiles in a minimal or modern interior 
(lots of examples below!)






I am crazy for the soft blue and white tiled kitchen in the 3rd shot! I love how it looks with with the pale wood cabinetry too. . . 

Any favorites for you? 

{via}

sb signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan