Singapore Shopping: Vintage Finds at Hock Siong & Co.

Saturday, June 15, 2013



Yesterday I visited Hock Siong vintage and second hand furniture shop for the first time! I had heard of them a few times but finally made time for a visit. Hock Siong sells used pieces from hotels, restaurants and vintage sources, so naturally the inventory changes all the time (they told me they get new arrivals almost every day!) and you have to move quick. Now admittedly, many of the items have had a hard life and are bit rough around the edges, but there were a a few great finds and loads of pieces with nice lines calling out for new upholstery or refinishing. I almost left with a vintage stool for $50 (maybe regretting I did not!) but did find some fantastic accessories. It can be a bit hit or miss but that just means you have to visit often - I know I will definitely be back! 


They even have a fun Instagram feed you can follow which showcases new pieces as they arrive! @hocksiong {great styling too!}












One table was filled with used silver plated servicing pieces and flatware purchased from a hotel. I picked up a silver tray and a some serving spoons and love the worn, aged finish they have! Plus, it's so fun to think of their previous life in a classy hotel :)

Here are the details . . .

Hock Siong & Co.
153 Kampong Ampat 
Singapore 368326 
ph 6281 8338
Everyday 9:30 - 5:45

Happy Shopping!


{images by me or via}
sb signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan