Dark + Stormy: Deep Blue Walls

Tuesday, September 3, 2013


I am working on a sophisticated and manly bedroom for a client here and we decided to the walls in a rich, saturated blue. I am so excited about the idea of a dark and dusty wall color for a bedroom - it just envelops and surrounds you! I think the key to balancing these dramatic walls is to pair them with fresh, white bedding and to paint the trim and ceiling a clean white as well. Also be sure to select a paint with a matte finish, anything shiny will be overwhelming! 

Here are a few of my inspirations. . . . Would you ever try this look at home?







For those of you in areas where they sell Nippon Paints, here are my picks! 




sb signature

3 comments:

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

While I would never have a bedroom that dark, I have to say I really love it!

Unknown said...

awesome...looking for theses shades too! thanks

Unknown said...

Hi, can I ask.if you have used any of these Nippon Paint colours that you suggested? Which of these are the darkest of the blues?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan