Wish List: Clinton Friedman's Botanical Photos

Wednesday, October 2, 2013


We still have a few very blank walls in our apartment, and I have been eyeing these amazing succulent prints from West Elm in collaboration with artist Clinton Friedman. I love how they are a fresh and modern take on old fashioned, hand drawn botanical prints. Plus the soft, watery colors are so pretty while the prickly subject matter keeps them a bit cool and tough - a great combo. And lastly I love the oversized scale of these photos, a set of 4 of them makes for such a bold statement!


This vignette above is so casual, natural and chic - and the succulent photos look so great as part of a larger gallery wall! 




The Clinton Friedman photos are not badly priced at all and come framed, but when you consider we need 4 of them and have to pay for shipping to Singapore, I think these guys are out of the question. But I still love the inspiration, so here are a few solutions I found . . . 


These oversized photographs by Italian Etsy shop Due Alberi might be a lovely substitute - a bit more delicate, but the rich indigo and crisp white color contrast is so pretty! 





And I love the dreamy quality of these photos from Notes From the Field too! {And they will custom print almost any size you want!} 




Or this Southwest succulent print is also really wonderful {what a great touch of peach!}



What do you think? Do you like this look?
Are any of these options as cool as the originals? 

sb signature

2 comments:

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

I LOVE them!!!!

Claire said...

I was recently introduced to some botanicals done by a guy here in Singapore.. maybe they'd be a good alternative? http://www.whatiseewhenirun.com/ :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan